We are thrilled to announce that we have been accepted to the Cox Enterprises Social Impact Accelerator Powered by Techstars! Cox Enterprises shares our love for diversity and understands the importance of disruption in established systems as a function of progress. This marks a huge milestone for us as a company and we are excited to continue blazing the trail with support from such an incredible organization.
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. They pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward their vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Since 2015, the Techstars Foundation has invested more than $1 million and helped 30 nonprofits deliver scalable impact for entrepreneurs from underrepresented communities. In 2020, they gave more than $445,000 in grants to an incredible group of organizations, the majority of which are helmed by Black and Brown leaders.
To learn more about this program, visit their website.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is was founded in 1898 and has grown to become an international juggernaut of industry with a major hand in the automotive, telecommunications, and media sectors. Their subsidiary, Cox Communications, also landed themselves the number 11 spot on the DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list by making a commitment to an inclusive workplace and integrating a passion for social impact into the fabric of their company culture.
Cox Communications is now partnering with Techstars for the second time and launching the 2021 Cox Enterprises Social Impact Accelerator with the express purpose of mentoring and emboldening start-ups that are tackling issues of social injustice and systematic racism. The program starts today and will conclude with a demo day presentation to potential investors.
The class of 2021 includes:
- Acclinate: Educates and engages diverse individuals to make informed decisions about genomic research and clinical trial participation.
- Co:census: Enhances equity in social surveys intended to assess community needs for people of color and/or with limited English proficiency.
- COMMUNITYx: Enables users to create and scale cause-driven communities that are ready to mobilize, from anywhere in the world.
- Empowrd: Personalizes and guides civic engagement experiences that inspire, inform and enable civic participation.
- Govrn: Makes politics simple, transparent, and effective for people who want democracy to be more trustworthy.
- JusticeText: Strengthens the ability of public defenders to analyze critical video and audio data by enabling users to upload body camera footage, interrogation videos, courtroom proceedings, and jail calls.
- Legal Equalizer: Connects people with five eyewitnesses, shares legal information, and alerts loved ones in real-time during law enforcement encounters.
- Minwo: Connects venture capital firms and incubators with minority and women-owned businesses to accelerate their growth and close the wealth gap.
- STRE.ME: Creates unique educational experiences for individuals to learn how to manage their biases in a safe, convenient, and confidential manner.
- Unpacking: Builds culturally competent teams through an online learning platform that navigates historical context, real-world scenarios, and interactive gaming.
For more information on the program and its sponsors, visit www.coxenterprises.com/innovation.